WordPress has helped thousands of people provide valuable information through blogging and help sell products through affiliate ad marketing. This not only pays WordPress but if your smart I guarantee it will pay you too. Once you have your targeted website up and going why not check out promoting your site even more! In this game it is all about traffic and I always ask my fellow bloggers do you have affiliate marketing strategies for making money while you blog? Click links above or below for more information on promoting your site! Premium traffic means more affiliate sales. Promotion tools are beginning to become loved in this war of words on content producing sites can you say jobs of the future! For instance my links are not all the same affiliate links if any I rely primarily on charitable donations for providing information that is up to date and relevant. Your contributions are always welcome. I will leave 3 affiliate links I have found to be valuable and work correctly for you directly below. Check them out!! 2 of the 3 will Drive Traffic straight to you!
On June 8, 2017, WordPress Version 4.8, named for jazz pianist and composer William John “Bill” Evans, was released to the public. For more information on this enhancement and bug-fix release, read the WordPress Blog, and see the Changelog for 4.8.
For Version 4.8, the database version (db_version in wp_options) changed to 38590, and the Trac revision was 40888.
Exciting Widget Updates
- Image Widget
- Adding an image to a widget is now a simple task that is achievable for any WordPress user without needing to know code. Simply insert your image right within the widget settings. Try adding something like a headshot or a photo of your latest weekend adventure — and see it appear automatically.
- Video Widget
- A welcome video is a great way to humanize the branding of your website. You can now add any video from the Media Library to a sidebar on your site with the new Video widget. Use this to showcase a welcome video to introduce visitors to your site or promote your latest and greatest content.
- Audio Widget
- Are you a podcaster, musician, or avid blogger? Adding a widget with your audio file has never been easier. Upload your audio file to the Media Library, go to the widget settings, select your file, and you’re ready for listeners. This would be a easy way to add a more personal welcome message, too!
- Rich Text Widget
- This feature deserves a parade down the center of town! Rich-text editing capabilities are now native for Text widgets. Add a widget anywhere and format away. Create lists, add emphasis, and quickly and easily insert links. Have fun with your newfound formatting powers, and watch what you can accomplish in a short amount of time.
Have you ever tried updating a link, or the text around a link, and found you can’t seem to edit it correctly? When you edit the text after the link, your new text also ends up linked. Or you edit the text in the link, but your text ends up outside of it. This can be frustrating! With link boundaries, a great new feature, the process is streamlined and your links will work well. You’ll be happier. We promise.
Nearby WordPress Events
Did you know that WordPress has a thriving offline community with groups meeting regularly in more than 400 cities around the world? WordPress now draws your attention to the events that help you continue improving your WordPress skills, meet friends, and, of course, publish!
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite features. While you are in the dashboard (because you’re running updates and writing posts, right?) all upcoming WordCamps and official WordPress Meetups — local to you — will be displayed.
Being part of the community can help you improve your WordPress skills and network with people you wouldn’t otherwise meet. Now you can easily find your local events just by logging in to your dashboard and looking at the new Events and News dashboard widget.
The Finer Points
New CSS rules mean extraneous content (like “Add New” links) no longer need to be included in admin-area headings. These panel headings improve the experience for people using assistive technologies.
As fewer and fewer browsers support Silverlight, file formats which require the presence of the Silverlight plugin are being removed from core support. Files will still display as a download link, but will no longer be embedded automatically.
New capabilities have been introduced to 4.8 with an eye towards removing calls to is_super_admin(). Additionally, new hooks and tweaks to more granularly control site and user counts per network have been added.
The introduction of a new base media widget REST API schema to 4.8 opens up possibilities for even more media widgets (like galleries or playlists) in the future. The three new media widgets are powered by a shared base class that covers most of the interactions with the media modal. That class also makes it easier to create new media widgets and paves the way for more to come.
Rejoice! New responsive breakpoints have been added to the customizer sidebar to make it wider on high-resolution screens. Customizer controls should use percentage-based widths instead of pixels.
Under The Hood
- REST API:
- REST API: Add
- New filter to disable auto-focus on the login screen (#40301)
- Screencast.com was added as an oEmbed provider (#38367)
- HHVM removed from the test matrix on Travis (#40548)
- Bundled Themes now support the new media and updated text widgets (#40745)
- Popular plugins feed has been removed from the dashboard (#40702)
- Support added for Bosnian locale (
- Easily enqueue
Actions & Filters
New Action Hooks
New Filter Hooks
file_mod_allowed replaces disallow_file_mods(#38673)
Modified Filter Hooks
- TinyMCE was updated from version 4.5.6 to version 4.6.2 (see: #40859)
- Twemoji was updated from version 2.2.2 to version 2.3.0 (see: #40858)
- zxcvbn was updated from version 1.0 to version 4.4.1 (see: #31647)